There are endless benefits to performing massage on your infant. Parents are discovering that massage can help to settle their child, sleep better, relieve problems such as wind, colic, constipation, reflux and eczema, and reduce crying.
Not only will massage help to relax your baby but it can also greatly benefit those performing the massage.
Bonding with our child can be hard for some parents. Traumatic pregnancies/births, post-partum depression (men and woman), pre-term births; These cases can create stress in both parents and infants. Studies have shown that infant massage can help induce calm and bonding in these instances.
Massage is more than just relaxation, it is vital to ensure the correct massage techniques are used to ensure you and your baby experience the many benefits that infant massage can provide.
Get in touch with our Paediatric Massage Consultant and owner, Laura, below.
- Promotes relaxation & helps babies self-regulate calm, which reduces crying
- Improves sleep and regulates sleep patterns.
- Ideal for pre-term infants.
- Enhances emotions and improves mood.
- Improves wind, colic, reflux and constipation.
- Reduces stress hormone levels in children and their parents.
- Reduces symptoms of Eczema.
- Enhances coordination.
- Improves general well-being
- Provides an intimate time for children to confide in parents
- Helps to normalise muscle tone
- Improves circulation
- Improves midline orientation, sensory and body awareness
- Enhances neurological development
- Helps to improve pain managament; can relieve discomfort from teething
- The growth hormone can be stimulated which helps weight gain
- Provides all of the essential indicators of intimate parent-infant bonding & attachment: eye-to-eye, touch, voice, smell, movement & thermal regulation